More doctor's visits...

Well, let's just call this the year of getting REALLY acquainted with the medical profession, shall we? Haha. In all honestly, I don't think I've been to the doctor as many times in my whole life as I've been this year. In some respects it feels like we just get one thing taken care of before something else crops up.

In August, I started having a variety of symptoms that ultimately led to the diagnosis of several different issues, C-diff being one of them. (Since a bunch of people have asked--yes, I'm completely better from that.) One of the other things I was diagnosed with was an ovarian cyst. This cyst was so painful that it became difficult to do normal activities--walk, go up any stairs, get in the car, etc. Everything became so very painful. After dealing with it for about a week and a half, I finally got a diagnosis which was later confirmed by ultrasound.

Last Monday, I had a followup ultrasound to check on the cyst. My pain had all but disappeared so I assumed the cyst was most likely gone. However, some of the things the ultrasound tech said during the ultrasound made me think that it was still there. Sure enough, my results indicated that not only was the cyst still present, but it had grown, causing my ovary to measure about double the normal size.

After discussing my options with Dr. Poppy and another OBGYN, they have suggested a laparoscopic cystectomy--a surgery to remove the cyst. Surgery is currently scheduled for next Tuesday and should only last an hour (plus several hours pre-op and post-op). Please pray with me that this surgery is straightforward with no complications!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Joy Amidst Chaos