Too Much To Do

Again...all I can say is how grateful I am. This week has been kinda crazy busy, very overwhelming at times, and Selah has not been sleeping well for almost 2 weeks. BUT, I serve an incredible, mighty, loving God who cares about me.

Since beginning school, I have really tried to set aside Shabbat (Sabbath - Saturday) as a day of complete rest. I don't have housework scheduled for Saturdays, but up until now I've just done whatever. If I notice a job needing to be done, I'll do it. But, when I began school, I felt like I needed to set that day aside completely from homework and housework - not because I legalistically "can't" do anything on Shabbat, but because I knew I needed some dedicated time in my week that I knew I would just be able to breathe, relax, recharge for the week.

I've been doing this for the last two weekends, and it has been amazing! It is so nice to look at projects I really want to be working on throughout the week and know that they will not sit there forever. On Friday night, I love shutting all my school-related Word documents and internet tabs, knowing that I will not have to think about them until Sunday. I love to put away all the everyday things and know that Shabbat will be truly my day of rest.

This week, however, I really wasn't sure if I'd be able to "do" Shabbat the way I have been. There was so much homework this week. I'm not really sure why - I know I'm pushing myself to get ahead in classes and that's taking up some time, but it has felt like there was double the work this week than there was last week. I really hope it's not an indication of how the next 13 weeks are going to be;  time will tell! Anyway, I was kinda sad about it because I really do love to fully rest on Shabbat. Last night I was feeling so overwhelmed by everything that I wasn't sure how I was going to get everything done. So much to do.

As I went to bed I looked at a little verse I have in the bathroom and just meditated on these words "The LORD will give strength". And so He is. He is the only reason I've made it this far, and the only reason I'll make it through these very busy 13 weeks. This is too much for me in myself, so I must let Him take over and give me strength when I am not strong enough.

That huge, overwhelming pile of homework? Smaller than my God. :) That physical weakness due to lack of sleep? Nothing in comparison to His strength. He is good. He is God. He will take care of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Two Steps Back