Gifts in the Moment

Can I just say how *thankful* I am? This has been a rough week or so with sleep, and of course with sleeplessness, it becomes harder to function. Nerves are on edge, it's harder to get stuff done...and it doesn't help when school is getting into fast-paced mode.

On Monday night, I got all confused about what day it was, and I honestly started to think it was Friday night. I thought, "Wow, I'm glad it's Shabbat (Sabbath) tomorrow, because I sure need it!" There is something about services at Beth Yeshua that just make you stop and put your stresses and just plain ole' life aside and breathe. Breathe in more of God and less of me. And somewhere in that service, all of a sudden my problems don't feel so big and my God seems even bigger. I guess you could just sum all that up by saying every service at Beth Yeshua is one in which I encounter the presence of God.

Anyway, I have to admit, I was rather disappointed when I realized it was not Friday, but Monday. That meant it was another 5 full days before service at Beth Yeshua, and I was bummed. I was so thirsty spiritually - thirsty for fellowship, for community, for more of God.

Then I remembered - this week kicks off the fall feasts with Yom Teruah starting Wednesday night. I was excited...right until I looked at my homework load for the week. Ugh - too much to do, not enough time.

Insert God into my week...

Tuesday, my busiest day of the week, normally consists of me leaving home around 8.30am and not getting home til around 6pm. This Tuesday, everything on my schedule just got cancelled one way or another. Instead, I was able to talk to my hubby on the phone, spend time resting, got a good chunk of homework done, and Selah took a 4 hour nap. The whole day was such a gift and a reminder that God intimately cares about my needs and knew that I needed the time at home to get caught up.

Today, I got everything done that I needed to, my Biology lab for the week is getting underway, and Selah behaved SO well in all the different places we had to go this afternoon. We were able to spend some time with family over dinner as well. Tonight, I was able to participate in the service at Beth Yeshua from home via live streaming, since I didn't want to go out around Selah's bedtime. It was awesome.

It's been a tough week sleep-wise. But God has reminded me again and again that He has gifts in the moment - even when things are hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Two Steps Back