Immigration Update

I thought I would give a little update on the status of my immigration process, since many of you may not know where I am up to on that. Here's a rough timeline:

Nov 2009 - Submitted all of the paperwork to USCIS (United States Citizen & Immigration Services) for an adjustment of status (from a student to a permanent resident)

Dec 2009 - Received the paperwork back with a request for more money

Dec 22, 2009 - Mailed paperwork back to USCIS

January 6, 2010 - Recieved confirmation of receipt for the paperwork

January 14, 2010 - Received an appointment notice for fingerprinting

February 2, 2010 - Had fingerprinting appointment. All went well, it was a very easy and fast process. Now they send my fingerprints through to the FBI to check my criminal background.

February 26, 2010 - I receive authorization to travel while my application is still pending

March 2, 2010 - I receive an appointment notice for my interview, the final stage in this process before they accept or deny my application.

March 4, 2010 - I receive my work card which allows me to work while my application is pending

March 10, 2010 - I receive my Social Security card, also necessary for me to work

As you can see, this has been a very long process with many different steps. Tomorrow morning Caleb and I will be attending the interview. I have no idea what to expect, so please pray all goes smoothly! After the interview, we will have done everything necessary to get the application processed and will just have to wait for USCIS to make a final decision and issue my permanent residency card, also known as a "green card."

We appreciate your prayers with this!

Comments

  1. WOW - a lot more complicated than immigration from USA to Australia! :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Handmade jewelry giveaway!