My Prayer

To be like You, Lord, this is my plea
Walking ever closer to Thee
In the light of Thy righteous way
By Your side I desire to stay.

Let them gaze into my eyes
And see not I, but Jesus Christ
Let them not see any beauty
But a faith above mere duty.

Let them look at my heart
Seeing the love Christ did impart
When on earth so long ago
As to the cross He did willingly go.

Let them hear my voice, yet Heaven's song
That rings out from the Heavenly throng
Let them hear only Christ, speaking through me
Showing He really is living in me.

Let them not see a youthful face
But a child saved by God's grace
Let me point them up, away from me
To the One who deserves all glory.


RKM May '06

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Handmade jewelry giveaway!