Immigration

Yesterday we received some exciting news! USCIS (U.S. Citizen & Immigration Service) has accepted our application for me to get permanent residency. This does not mean I have been granted permanent residency or a green card at this stage, but simply that they have accepted the paperwork and payments to begin this process.

Having already received the paperwork back once to fix a payment problem, it was a great relief to know that they had accepted it the second time around. This means we should not have to lug that pile of papers to the post office to mail ever again. :D That makes me immensely happy.

So where to next in this process? Well, next step is getting fingerprinted, which I think will be in KC. They have to contact me (probably via mail) to inform me of the date and time on which the fingerprinting will occur.

From there, I believe the next and final step is just waiting to receive the green card. We are praying and trusting that God will bring our paperwork through this process with minimal delays and in the shortest time possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Joy Amidst Chaos