Day One

I think it's high time for a confession. Recently I was looking through some of my old posts, and noticed one from forever ago that I guess I'd forgotten about. As I reviewed my post, I must admit, I felt a little ashamed. I was so gung-ho in my post about getting fit and staying that way, and lately...well, let's just say I've fallen off the bandwagon. 

Right before my hubby returned home from Afghanistan, I hit my goal weight - the first time I've been that weight in almost six years. I felt amazing - so much more trim, without a baby belly, and my clothes were starting to fit better. In fact, some of my clothes were starting to get too big.

But, after my hubby returned home, we were on vacation for a week, then home briefly, then away again for 10 days, and then home to pack and prepare for our cross country move. I tried to stick with eating well, but with all of the craziness, I slipped up. Food options that were fast and easy often meant unhealthy, and being gone constantly meant that my time to work out was slim to none. Without really meaning to, the exercising stopped completely and the bad eating habits started.

Ugh.

Anyway. That's the past, and I'm not going to constantly rake myself over the coals about it. It's time to make a change - again - and get back where I was. So, today is my day one - my first day "back". I can't promise I'll never have a bad food or exercise day, but I will pick myself up and keep going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Joy Amidst Chaos