Closer

I take the pillows off our bed, the same way I have done more times than I remember. But it's different now - now it represents one less night of going to bed by myself.

I hang my towel up after a shower and my heart is filled with joy when I think that it won't be long until there are two towels hanging together again - towels that will mean my love is back.

I brush my teeth and think how wonderful it'll be to get in each other's way as we rinse out our toothbrushes, because it'll mean we are together.

I wake up and smile because it's one morning closer to seeing my hubby waking up on the pillow beside me. It's another day closer to him telling me that I once again stole the blankets and us laughing about how mean I can be in my sleep.

I lay Selah down for her nap and whisper that Mama and Daddy love her very much, and I am thrilled because I know soon her Daddy can whisper "I love you's" to her as well.

I stay up late and finally drag myself off to sleep, and smile because I know soon, my love will be saying "Let's go to bed" when he sees me drifting off.

These days are so exciting as we get ever closer to our homecoming. Each new day is exciting because it's one less that my husband will be so far away. I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Handmade jewelry giveaway!