What I wish I could tell my pre-2007 self...

(This is a somewhat random post, kind of a mish-mash of thoughts I've been having today over the growth I've experienced as a person since I moved to the US.)

What I wish I could tell my pre-2007 self...

* There is grace. When you fall, ask for forgiveness. It's ok - you don't have to berate yourself over and over again because you made a mistake.

* You don't have to be someone you're not, just to make other people happy. God doesn't need your pretenses, or your hair to be perfect, or you to look like the perfect little Christian. He needs you - flaws and all. If he'd wanted perfection, He would never have chosen you.

* You don't know everything. And that's okay.

* Accept who you are. You spend far too much time trying to be like other people.

* There will always be people who will hurt you. And while that's hard to take, remember that you hurt people sometimes too. Forgive, and those hurts will fade and heal, and you'll be left with a friend instead of a bitter memory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the one who is waiting...

Broken

Two Steps Back